Conversion Ready is looking for the next skilled engineer
We are a web development agency, specializing in building conversion optimized websites for clients from around the world. (Curious about what “conversion optimized” means? Click here to read, then come back.)
We’re looking for a skilled PHP and WordPress-savvy software developer to join the team.
WORK WITH THE BEST
Our team is made of people who go all in for what they want. If you’re one of those people that always gives 100% of yourself to reach their goals, and aim for 110%, we’re waiting for you. We value proactivity, passion and strive for excellence above all.
The work location is at our office in Gdańsk, Poland. In long term perspective it can be wherever on the planet. We currently have people in Estonia and Poland. Advantages of working with us:
- Learn from people who know their stuff. We already have several high level specialists working with Conversion Ready.
- Work on exciting stuff. We think globally, with sights constantly set on the future. Our goal is to be among the best WordPress and e-commerce specialists in the world, including working on improving the core system on WordPress trac, and a carefully selected set of plugins on GitHub or wherever else the other authors work.
- Personal development. We support your growth with mentorship, necessary books, online / offline courses, code reviews and so on. You get to work with people that push you to become better every day.
- Freedom. No one will micromanage you. We don’t have fixed hours, we have deadlines. Every week we set goals and report what we did. You have the freedom to take on and lead new projects within the company as long as they support our overall goals. Job can be partially remote.
- Competitive income. See the bottom of the page for specifics.
Your role and responsibilities in our company can grow with you. Daniel Pink wrote this in his influential book “Drive”: People are most motivated by having autonomy, mastery and purpose. We make sure you get a ton of all three.
JOB DESCRIPTION & DESIRED PROFILE
Your role is to first of all to kick ass at getting some pretty complex WordPress and WooCommerce-based projects off the ground, help keep them in flight and work on iterating them into awesomeness.
We only work with serious businesses. This is not a job for building yet another grandma blog theme.
You will be challenged with a variety of high-tech, some low-tech and also business-level stuff, so you have the opportunity to learn how to better run your own business. Up to date know-how for HTML5 and CSS3 must be a given. You should also know relevant things for backwards compatibility issues and legacy devices.
The job is always super interesting, rewarding, and you will get to know how conversion mechanisms and businesses work. We’re looking to get you adding value as soon as possible. This is not a position for learning basics, but if you lack experience with some part of the modern development stack, we will gladly teach you everything you need.
Desired background and skillset:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with web development processes, daily work on WordPress specifics
- External API integrations
- Experience with Git
- Experience with CSS pre-processing frameworks like PostCSS, SASS, LESS
- Know jQuery well, any deep vanilla JS and frameworks knowledge is a plus
- Work on daily basis with Unix shell
- Fluent English
- Have written multiple WordPress themes and plugins, small and big, using object-oriented approaches
- Know `add_filter`, `add_action` and closures inside out, ability to use them effectively
- Custom Post Type, Taxonomy experience, both public and non-public post types
- Gravity Forms (or equivalent level alternatives) experience, including its integration APIs
- Provide demonstrable WordPress-relevant source code examples for skill proof, solid GitHub profile
- We value clean, understandable, well-commented code – you should know official WordPress Coding
- Standards and have your coding environment set up to use them
- Ability to debug non-trivial WordPress (and general programming) problems in a reasonable amount of time (Kint, Xdebug, etc)
You get bonus points if you’re skilled at any of these (but not required):
- Experience with WooCommerce, Subscriptions, Memberships projects
- Google Analytics and other types of data analytics
- Knowledge of split testing platforms like Google Optimize, Optimizely, VWO
If you are lacking some of these skills, but can demonstrably learn fast, get in touch and we’ll see if you have what it takes.
SOFT SKILLS AND TRAITS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Showing initiative comes naturally to you. You don’t need to be constantly pushed and managed.
- You’re always trying to find the best solution. Solving problems excites you.
- You have a positive “can do” attitude.
- You don’t want just a “job”, you want to build something great.
- You want to be part of something bigger, leave your mark on the world.
Starting offer for this position is 1250-1500/mo EUR net (+ we pay all additional taxes). Bonuses will be negotiated on the basis of individual skill set and trial period results. This is a business contractor job, you need to have your own company set up. You should plan for a long term client relationship. Please keep in mind, we are not interested in dealing with overbooking problems during the course of our relationship with you.
Get In Touch
Come work with us. Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com